How to Backup WER Files
Backups are never important until you need one. Backups will save you a lot of headache and time if something goes wrong with WER. It’s really quick and easy to do, so there’s no reason to not backup your event.
At any large scale event, you want to backup your tournament each round. You can save each file with a different name so that you can easily restore to any round of the tournament. Also, if you overwrite the same file each time and that file gets corrupted, you no longer have a backup. It’s better to enter two rounds of results, instead of seven.
- Click the Save menu
- Choose Export Event from the Save menu
- Rename the file to include the current round. I add a hyphen and the round number to the end of the file name. That way I can easily figure out which round the file represents.
- Click the Save button
How to Restore WER Files
If the unfortunate should happen, restoring files is just as easy as saving files.
- Close the event if it is open.
- Return to the main WER window. This is the same window from which you schedule events.
- Click the Open menu.
- Choose Import Event from the Open menu.
- Select the backup file you wish to restore.
- Click the Open button.
- If your tournament is sanctioned, a popup alert is displayed warning you that you are going to overwrite an existing tournament. Click the OK button.
You have successfully restored your tournament. To continue with your tournament, double click it to open and proceed as normal.